NCAA Football Online Dynasty Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Season Texas Longhorns Football

2 posters

Go down

2011 Season Texas Longhorns Football Empty 2011 Season Texas Longhorns Football

Post  JaredLib Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:08 pm

Weel One: vs LSU.

Score: Texas 23 - LSU 21

What an opening week game.

The first quarter started with both teams going 3-and-out. LSU's next drive more successful but Texas managed to hold on third down. There was no scoring in the first quarter as both defenses played great.

Texas finally got going with a big play from standout DJ Monroe (1400 yards, 15tds as a soph, now the feature back), when Monroe took a handoff 69 yards to score the first Longhorns TD of the season. Texas added a field goal later in the second quarter to go up 10-7. After getting the ball back with a time winding down in the half LSU goes deep on their first down and gets the catch. Two runs later from their QB, J. Lee, and LSU was on the board 10-7 Texas going into half.

The third half started with a long, 6+ minute drive from Texas that was capped off with a 12 yard option keeper from freshman QB Coker. 17-7 Texas at the end of the third quarter.

No scoring in the fourth until under 3 minutes left in the game. Texas added a field goal to make it 20-7 with a less than three minutes left in the game. LSU then mounted a furious comeback. Lee torched the secondary of texas and found holes in the coverage consistently and threw a TD pass to make it 20-14. LSU lined up for the onside kick and much to my surprise they got it. Lee continued his hot streak marching down field an throwing another TD pass with 43 seconds left in the game to go up 21-20.

Gilbert completed 3 passes in hurry up mode and got close to field goal range. With 6 seconds left Texas ran to the middle to line up for a game winner and called TO with 2 seconds left.

With the kicker iced Texas was able to convert the 40 yard game winning field goal and take a close, hard fought victory.

Monroe was hurt after halftime so his short day ended with only 89 yards on 7 carries. Whittacker added 42 yards on 10 carries in his place.

LSU's Lee was 18/30 for 261 yards and 2 TDs.
JaredLib
JaredLib

https://www.facebook.com/jaredlib

Back to top Go down

2011 Season Texas Longhorns Football Empty Re: 2011 Season Texas Longhorns Football

Post  JaredLib Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:24 pm

My recruitin is officially gone to shot. I had 5 top notch prospects at the TCU game and that destroyed everythig. Now after two straight losses I am most likely going to just drop those guys from my board and start over with what's left of the three stars. Man im disappointed right now. I expected losing to FAU BUT fu** man TCU bkindsided me.

Id almost rather not play in the big 12 title game to avoid an unneeded third loss against kansas.
JaredLib
JaredLib

https://www.facebook.com/jaredlib

Back to top Go down

2011 Season Texas Longhorns Football Empty Re: 2011 Season Texas Longhorns Football

Post  jhawk886 Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:27 pm

JaredLib wrote:My recruitin is officially gone to shot. I had 5 top notch prospects at the TCU game and that destroyed everythig. Now after two straight losses I am most likely going to just drop those guys from my board and start over with what's left of the three stars. Man im disappointed right now. I expected losing to FAU BUT fu** man TCU bkindsided me.

Id almost rather not play in the big 12 title game to avoid an unneeded third loss against kansas.
You should still be fine man. Texas is almost indestructible in recruiting. And you don't know that I'd beat you. Your team is a heck of a lot better than mine. I'd have to play a phenomenally perfect game to beat you.
jhawk886
jhawk886
Admin

https://ncaaforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down