NCAA Football Online Dynasty Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 recap - vs #20 FSU

Go down

Week 2 recap - vs #20 FSU Empty Week 2 recap - vs #20 FSU

Post  JaredLib Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:47 pm

After opening the season with a beatdown of cross-state foe TCU, we found ourselves ranked number one in the nation. I shuddered when I saw this. I thought we were way over ranked, as stated earlier, at #3 as it was. I thought it might go to my boys heads. I didn't want the pressure of being top ranked as I feel like with the youth at the skill positions this just isn't our year, I think my highest rated guy is 92 and its an o-lineman. But uh, yeah, won't have to worry about that pressure I just mentioned anymore.

In fairness to me, this game easily could have been as close as 24-16 (with him still winning) had I not made two big mistakes, not going for it on 4th and 1 in his territory in the second half, and the stupid, stupid pick whle I was flusters and on tilt from my own like 15 yard line.

I am trying not to be a big baby about it, but I think its fair that I just copy stops recap, he did a really good job and there isn't much I feel like adding. I am honestly pretty disappointed in how it played out. I could not run the ball at all, even with his d-line on aggressive they wouldnt jump offisde. I completed two lucky passes for decent gains but the rest were short crap passes or incomplete. His defense was almost unbeatable. I was helpless against the bump and run. After going 3-0 in users in season 2 of 12con I feel like this knocked me back about 20 steps. I have never struggled that badly with man coverage and have never been shut down in the run game like that before. I guess I just suck. Seriously I don't know what to say. He was way better than me at every part of the game. I'm really disappointed.

recap
"Austin, TX-- Things started off pretty bad for the Seminoles as they suffered 2 turnovers in their first 4 plays from scrimmage. That combined with a 3 and out on their 3rd possession left the 'Noles down 13-0 early in the second quarter. FSU finally answered with a 10 play drive that resulted in a FG to cut the lead to 13-3 with under a minute left in the half.

That's when disaster struck for the Longhorns. Garret Gilbert threw the first of 2 INTs to FS Terrance Parks to set up the Seminole offense at the 14 yd line and all 3 timeouts. QB EJ Manuel cashed in the TD from 1 yard out and FSU cut the lead to 13-10 at halftime.

The teams traded punts in a scoreless 3rd quarter before EJ Manuel led the team on a 9 play TD drive that put FSU up for the first time 17-10.

Texas went 3 and out on their next possession and on 3rd and inches Manuel hooked up with Bert Reed on a 60 yard TD strike that put the Noles ahead 24-13 with 3:45 left.

Parks picked of Gilbert again on 2nd down and Chris Thompson added a meaningless TD to make the final score 31-13.

Good game on both sides but the 'Noles come away with a signature win knocking off the top ranked team in the nation by scoring 31 unanswered in a comeback win on the road. "

He had I think around 270 yards of offense, I only had like 140. Both teams had two turnovers. When I went down 24-13 I did something that I hadn't done in a user game yet, and I lost my cool. I just started called the same play over and over and it just sucked. I really sucked.

I couldn't do anything right.

I don't know what else to say.

Edit:

Even now, an hour later, I still am am devastated. I don't know what the &&&& I could have done???? I guess against that kind of bump and run you're supposed to call all fades and just find the open guy? I don't have a clue.
JaredLib
JaredLib

https://www.facebook.com/jaredlib

Back to top Go down