NCAA Football Online Dynasty Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Schedule

Go down

2011 Schedule Empty 2011 Schedule

Post  dclark44 Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:02 am

This game started off the same as the Ohio State game previously played. I was down 14-0 because of a turnover and the home team was feeling great about upsetting the number 4 team in the nation. But hold everything folks. Miami scored 21 unanswered points before after half to take a 21-14 lead into the 4th quarter.

The fourth quarter was filled with a combined 39 points with 21 going to the Terps and 18 to the U. It started when Maryland scored a touchdown to tie the game with Miami scoring a field goal with 2.17 left in the game it seemed all but over.

"With that drive resulting in a field goal I thought we had won the game, our defense wasn't great but I thought we could have stopped them," Coach Clark told me after the game. The Terps took the ball down the field in under a minute to take a 4 point lead with a 1.17 remaining. "I told Jacory to forget about the earlier interception and do his thing." Clark told us.

Receiving the ball, the U started to drive with 1.12 left, but then tragedy struck, Jacory threw a pick 6 with 1.08 remaining. This was the sealer of the game. The Terps now up 11 with 1.08 left, its over right? Wrong.

Miami was not giving up on a game under new head Coach Clark. "I believe in these guys, they truly inspire me each and every week." Miami received the ball and stormed down the field as quick as they could. Leaving themselves 42 seconds on the board for a miracle chance. Miami converted on the two point conversion to just make the game a field goal away from a tie.

The onside attempt was tried in practice several times this past week, kicker Wieclaw expressed in his post game interview. "We usually have an hour after each practice to try something we may use soon, and well, I'm glad we did". Wieclaw kicked a perfect ball. It went the 10 yards and was recovered by Miami. They had a shot at winning this thing now. Jacory knew he could do it. Didn't think anything of the previous plays, it was all down to this.

He drove the ball down the field after a few scary moments of long 3rd down conversions, they got into the endzone with 8 ticks left on the clock. The Miami bench went nuts. They knew they had done something impossible. The U came back from being 11 points down with 1.08 remaining and had won the game.

"The game ball goes to Berry, Harris and Wieclaw", Clark had said, "these guys just made plays happen when we needed them too."

Miami needs to improve on their defense a bit but their offense is starting to click again. They are heading to Florida next week which should be a good game against USF.

Some key stats from the game.

J. Harris 14/28 314 yards, 3 tds 2 ints
D. Berry 18 carries 90 yards 1 td
A. Johnson 7 catches 159 yards 2 tds
T. Streeter 2 catches 82 yards 1 td

Classic tough conference battle. Insane game
dclark44
dclark44

Back to top Go down