NCAA Football Online Dynasty Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 1 - at #8 TCU

Go down

Game 1 - at #8 TCU Empty Game 1 - at #8 TCU

Post  JaredLib Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:17 am

First game up for the #3 Longhorns is the very capable Texas Christian University, eighth ranked in the nation.

Game Stats (Texas first, then TCU)

Score: 38 - 17
Total Offense: 412 - 365
Rushes/Yards/TD: 36-128-1 - 24-174-1
Comp/ATT/TD: 10-15-4 - 16-26-1
Pass yards: 284 - 191

Three out of four Gilbert TD passes came on long plays. TCU came out very aggressive and blitzed heavily but or the most part was unable to reach Gilbert in time leaving gaping holes in their secondary. I came out and scored first on my second drive with such a score, and then kicked a 48 yard field goal to make it 10-0. TCU answered with a 50+ yard run by their sophomore running back, who had 138 yards on the day. After trading punts I get another long TD score thanks to questionable defensive approach on TCUs side. TCU gets a field goal before the half. Score at half-time is 17-10

Second half is all Texas. TCU had two turnovers to my none which killed their drives. Mixing up the running game with Whittaker (19 carries, 83 yards, 1td) and Monroe (10 carries, 43 yards) kept TCU off balance leading to more big plays through the passing game. Gilbert was given plenty of time to throw a good amount of the passes he attempted, leading to big gains. TCU scored on a 50 yard TD strike from Dalton with about 5 minutes left but the game was already out of reach. I ran out the clock on a final TD drive capped off by a TD run for Whittacker and after TCU went three and out I knelt the ball three times for the win.

Good start to the season.

JaredLib
JaredLib

https://www.facebook.com/jaredlib

Back to top Go down