NCAA Football Online Dynasty Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 9 - vs. Oklahoma State

Go down

Game 9 - vs. Oklahoma State Empty Game 9 - vs. Oklahoma State

Post  JaredLib Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:00 pm

The Cowboys came down to Austin and right out the gates moved the ball like we weren't even standing in their way.

On their first possession OK State gets the ball to the 3 yard line but on a WR screen throws a pick right to my corner. I go three and out and punt the ball. Right away, the Cowboys are knocking at the door, with a second and goal from my five yard line they run speed option but the QB muffs the pitch and Texas recovers again. We move the ball but are forced to punt. 0-0 at the end of first quarter.

Second quarter starts with OK state punting and Texas finally getting a decent drive going. After a big run from Monroe we have a first and 10 from the 20 yard line going in. A holding penalty brings the drive to a screeching halt and we are forced to settle for a 39 yard field goal. The texas kicker lines it up a little too far to the right and pushes it wide. Ok State is on the move again with time winding down in the first half and, once again, in the redzone they throw a pick except this time my corner has daylight and takes it to the house. 7-0 texas. Both teams end the half with field goal drives and at halftime the score is 10-3 Texas.

Texas gets the ball to start the second half and puts together a great 3 minute drive capped off by a TD run by Monroe. We stop OK state and with the score 17-3 we are moving the ball once again until, oh no, Whittacker takes the handoff on a dive and gets leveled. The ball pops out and OK State takes it to the house, bridging the gap and making the game 17-10 Texas at the start of the fourth quarter.

The fourth quarter is controlled by Texas. OK States QB is rattled and has trouble finding his receievers in the face of pressure. Texas puts together two more TD drives both capped off by short TD runs and closes the game out 31-10.

Monroe went for 200 yards on 21 carres and Whittacker had 137 yards on 28 carries. Tre Newton is the other RB who also had a TD run.

Gilbert was 10-16 for 130 yards and no turnovers, which is all we really ask of him at this point.

Next week we have a tough Georgia team.

JaredLib
JaredLib

https://www.facebook.com/jaredlib

Back to top Go down